Friday, July 1, 2011

Homemade Part 2

I have re-discovered my craftiness this summer :)
The other night, Aaron and I made a super yummy, super easy dinner.  I made some quesadillas while he made some salsa.  We bought some mason jars at the store so we were able to make some extra and store it.  The quesadillas were cheese and beef fajita...one of my favs!
It was one of the best dinners of the summer so far.  And just FYI, the beer was Aarons :)
This morning, I made some delish cupcakes and decorated them for the 4th of July!


I just used some sugar sprinkles on the outside ones and I made the pompoms with knitting yarn then attached them to the top of kabob skewers that I cut into shorter pieces.  They are supposed to look like sparklers that you would use on the 4th, but I kinda think they look like the Truffula trees from Dr. Seuss' book The Lorax.  What do you think?
I may have just come up with a surprise snack for my kiddos next year when we do our Dr. Seuss unit :)
Hope you all have a very happy 4th of July!  We will be in San Antonio celebrating with my family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment