Wednesday, July 6, 2011

SPORTS

Our families are sports nuts.  Almost all sports included.  Here are my thoughts on the sports world right now.  Take 'em or leave 'em :)
SOCCER The women's world cup is going on right now.  I am in soccer heaven!  Good games everyday, until today...the USA women looked fairly pitiful.  The defense was slow and unorganized.  The midfield was unimpressive with a few good plays and the attack was sloppy.  I sure hope they get their act together before the weekend when they play Brazil or their trip will be O.V.E.R.
BASEBALL The all-star break is almost here!  The first half of the baseball season is almost over and my fantasy team is still in First Place!  Whooohooo :)  Our favorite team, the Yankees, are in first place in their division and the captian, Derek Jeter is only 4 hits away from the 3,000 club!  My favorite guy, Robinson Cano, is set to be in the homerun derby. Roger Clemens trial is starting...can someone tell me why the US government cares if he took drugs while playing?  Sure it was illegal, but really, don't we have better things to use our money on? 
FOOTBALL The dumb lockout continues...I don't care if they ever play again.  They are greedy and selfish.  On a side note, I heard a funny story about Roy Williams on SC today.  He mailed a proposal and engagement ring to a girl who said no and kept the ring.  Insulting enough, but now, he is suing her to get the ring back...making it public record.  How embarrassing!!!!  How stupid!!!
GOLF I am thoroughly impressed with Rory McIlroy.  I can only hope he keeps his head straight and doesn't end up like Tiger, who he is drawing countless comparisons to.  Tiger is still hurt...don't really care there either though.
Well, there was my wrap up.  Hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment