Sunday, July 17, 2011

Perspective

I find that I sometimes have a hard time putting things into perspective.  I think I am mostly even headed about things, but every once in a while might get a bit dramatic...I am a girl after all.  It is good to get a reminder now and then. 
I stumbled across this story while reading two different blogs that I follow.  I have been following the sad story of a young family with an 8 month old son battling cancer.  A brain tumor to be exact.  They started the blog to tell about their battle, but their son died this weekend.  I cannot even imagine the pain they are feeling now.  My mom always told me the hardest thing for a parent would be to bury their child.  I cried every time I read their blog.  I prayed for them every time I read their blog.  I prayed for them at church today.  I know that right now, your prayers would help them too.  If you would like to read their story, go to their blog, James beats the tumor.  I found their words very inspiring.  They showed so much faith through the whole thing.  I know that would be a big struggle for many, myself included.
Back to perspective...it makes me feel guilty that I worry or get upset about little things when others are going through something HUGE like this.   It makes me thankful that I have never delt with anything like that and it makes me hopeful that I never will. 
For now, I will continue to pray for their family and that they can find comfort that their precious son is no longer in pain.

1 comment: