Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chocolate Nachos

I found this amazing recipe for a really cool dessert the other day.  I posted a pic of it on my facebook and had several requests for the recipie.  Lucky you, it's soooooo easy!
First, you take some flour tortillas.  I used 3 and it was a little too much for Aaron and I.  Then, melt a little butter in the microwave and brush it onto one side of the tortillas. Sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon on the side with the butter...as much as you want :) Using a pizza cutter, cut them into the chip shapes.  Then bake them in the oven at 350 for about 10-12 min on an ungreased cookie sheet.  While they are baking, chop up some strawberries.  I used 4 and it was perfect.  Then let them sit in a spoonful of sugar for a few minutes so they get a little more syrupy.  Once the chips are done, they should be curling up at the edges a little bit, let them cool for a few minutes.  Then, I used dark chocolate chips and melted them in the microwave adding a dash of oil to make it easier to drizzle.  Last, arrange them on a plate, add the strawberries and then drizzle the melted chocolate on top.  Voila!  Easy and super yummy!!

1 comment:

  1. They're pretty! and look yummy...I wonder if Daniel would eat these!

    ReplyDelete