Friday, July 15, 2011

This Week

This week has revolved around 3 things for me.  Baseball, soccer, and Harry Potter.
It started Sunday with the women's world cup.  USA vs. Brazil.  It was the most intense game I have seen in a LONG time.  Probably since my senior year of soccer.  However, this one was different because I was watching, not playing.  It is much worse just watching.  I was nervous and could hardly watch at certain moments.  Despite some AWFUL calls by the ref and her sideline judges, and some horrible acting by the Brazilians, we pulled it out!  I screamed sooooo loud when the USA scored the tying goal with about a minute and a half left.  I'm pretty sure Griffin was scared silly by that.  I then enjoyed another good game on Wednesday when they played France.  I can not wait till Sunday to watch them in the finals and hopefully win for the first time since 1999.

Monday evening we had some friends over to watch the Home Run Derby.  It was so much fun to have them all over and enjoy visiting while we watched my favorite Yankee win it all!!!  I picked Robinson Cano to win before it started :)  Tuesday evening I went over to my in-laws house to watch the All-Star game with Sheri.  She made some delicious ball park food for dinner. 
 Harry Potter has been my favorite book series since I first read it back in high school.  With the last movie coming out today, I decided to watch all the other movies this week.  Monday morning, I watched the first 3 movies in the series.  I hadn't seen them in a very long time and it was funny to see how young all of the actors were compared to now.  Tuesday Mollie came over and we watched 4 and 5.  Wednesday Aaron had class after work so I watched number 6 and today, I watched number 7 - part 1.  I am ready to see the final one tonight!!!  Aaron and I are going with Becca and Garet to see it and I literally can not wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment