Monday, May 30, 2011

Fantasy Update

If you are an avid reader of this blog...hahah...you may remember a previous post in which I mentioned that I would be playing Fantasy baseball with a group of girls.  We have now finished the first 8 weeks of our "season" so I thought it was time for an update :)
It was a very rough start for me.  My team lost 9-1 the first week which left me in last place.  It was a very frustrating week for me....if you know me well, you know that I am VERY competitive.  I do not like to lose at ANYTHING (such as dominoes with the family, 1 v 1 soccer vs 5th grade boys, and slugbug with the husband).  This now includes fantasy baseball as well.  Aaron would just sit and laugh at me as I ranted about how bad my team was doing.  The "star" of my team was supposed to be Albert Pujols, who many baseball fanatics consider the best player in baseball right now.  Let me just tell you that he is having an awful season!  He normally hits tons of homeruns and I think his current total for the season is about 8.  Enough about that.
After the first week however, my team started doing ALOT better which made me a much happier manager.  I am currently in first place in our league, only by a few games though.  I am playing the second place team this week so it should be interesting :)

No comments:

Post a Comment