Sunday, May 1, 2011

Double Date

Yesterday Aaron and I got to spend some time with two of our favorite people :)
I went to a painting class and did some shopping with Stormey while Aaron played golf with Gerad.  After we were all done, we met at BJ's for dinner. 
Stormey and I met at the Painting with a Twist in Grapevine.  It was my first time to this one...and I had mixed feelings.  The ladies there were very nice and we had a good time, but the painting was a little more difficult than my previous ones and the instructor moved very fast which left us feeling like we had to hurry to keep up.  Not as fun and relaxing as before.  However, we still managed to have a good time visiting and came out with some cute paintings!  Here is a pic of my finished art :)
Aaron said that this one would look nice in my classroom too :) aka...he doesn't want it in our house.  That is fine with me.  I hung up the one I did of the peacock in my class and my students were AMAZED!  They couldn't believe I had painted it...which, now that I'm thingking about it, insults me just a little that they were so surprised....haha.
After the painting, we headed over to Nordstroms...our favorite store.  We both got a few cute things and managed to not break the bank.  Here are the adorable earrings that I got

At dinner, we all had a good time talking and eating.  It was a wonderful day with our friends that I hope we can make happen more often.

Today Aaron is at the fire station and I made what I think are the BEST cookies I have ever made.  They are Low Fat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies.  Trust me, they don't taste low-fat.  I have eaten about 5 already which I think cancels out the low-fat...oops.  If you would like to try....click here.  I promise, they won't dissappoint.

1 comment:

  1. love the painting!!! AND compliments from kinder kids are the BEST. i love it when they tell me i look like a princess. they don't sugar coat things - your paintings really are great!

    ReplyDelete