Friday, June 3, 2011

Sweet Summertime

Ahhhhhh.  I am so happy.  This school year is OVER!  To celebrate, we had a couple of friends over to watch the Mavs game.  I made chili dogs and queso.  I also painted my nails a pretty shade of purple tonight.  It made me smile.
Yesterday at school was crazy.  I had to take care of report cards and help set up for a couples shower we were throwing after school was out...all the while being a little emotional about seeing my babies finish kindergarten.  I am so impressed at how far this group of kids came over the course of the year.  I had some that didn't know their letters on the first day and left reading on level.  So Proud.
The couples shower was for a teammate of mine, Matt and his fiance Brandi, who I taught with at Sheffield before we were both transferred to Freeman.  They are both big Texas Rangers fan so that was the theme for the shower.  I was in charge of decorations and I was really happy with how everything came out.  It was a lot of fun and a very good turnout.

Brandi enjoying the yummy food

The cupcake cake and presents

table decor :)

Game props

Mary serving hotdogs

me with the couple!
Well, today is my last day of work for about 2 months.  I've already started my summer reading and worked on my tan :)  Saturday I am heading down to Austin for my friend Marissa's bachelorette party.  I will definitely enjoy helping her celebrate her upcoming marriage as well as my summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment