Saturday, June 18, 2011

Homemade

So far this summer I have kept myself busy reading, watching tv, and cooking.  I don't know why I've been in the mood to cook, maybe its to show Aaron what I great housewife I would make if I didn't have to work...haha I can dream, right :)
I have amazed myself (and Aaron) with some of the things I have made.  Last week, I cooked the most delicious pork chops using a packet of Ranch dressing. With it, we had fresh green beans, steamed then sauteed in garlic and oil, mashed potatoes and a yummy dessert of cherry crunch.  Makes me hungry just thinking about it. 
A few days later, I made homemade lemonade!  My favorite!  I found Paula Deen's recipie and immediately went and bought fresh lemons and lemon juice.  For fun, I also bought some fresh mint to add to it.  Let me just tell you that it was amazing!  I drank several glasses that night.  I even brought out my pretty crystal pitcher that was still in the box from our wedding!  Here is a pic of how it came out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment