Tuesday, September 27, 2011

German Chocolate Pie

I can remember eating the most delicious pie at my grandma's house when I was younger.  I  even requested it as my birthday "cake" several years.  I haven't had that pie in a few years...until Sunday night and it was as good as I remembered :) 
I had asked my mom about it a few weeks ago.  She said she would find the recipie and send it to me.  She did, so I decided to make it and see how Aaron thought it was.
So, without further ado....here is the recipie.  And, your in luck - it's so super easy to make!
Melt 1 stick oleo and 1/2 bar German Chocolate.  While melting, beat 3 whole eggs until white and creamy.  Add in 1 cup sugar 2 heaping tablespoons flour.  Beat approximately 3 minutes.  Add in chocolate mixture, 1 tsp vanilla and an optional 1 cup chopped nuts.  Pour into a well buttered 9 inch pie plate and cook for 25 minutes at 350.  Cool.  It is extra yummy served with whipped cream, but perfectly fine without :)
I hope that you enjoy this dessert as much as I do.  Oh, and Aaron said it was "okay".  What does he know anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment