Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Absentee

I apologize (to my MANY readers...ha) for being absent for so long.  I try to keep up with my blogging, but lately, things have been crazy. 
Aaron is super busy between work, paramedic class, rotations in hospitals and volunteering at the fire station.  Needless to say, our time together has been cut severly.  Last week, we were both at home only one evening.  It has been a hard adjustment for me, but I know it has been harder on Aaron.  He has pulled several all-nighters in the ER after working all day at MetLife only to go straight back into work after he finished up at the hospital.  I know all of his hard work will pay off soon though and I am so very, very proud of him :)
In other news, I found a stray Yorkie running down the street last week.  I stopped and picked him up and took him to Aaron's parents house.  They were so sweet and let him hang out in their backyard for the evening while I figured out what to do.  He was the sweetest little guy and had fun playing with Griffin and Rookie.  Unfortunately, the men, Aaron and Greg, were adamant that we could not keep him.  Sheri and I took him to the emergency vet and they kept him overnight.  He was then picked up by the pound and spent the next five days at their waiting for his owners to call looking for him.  That didn't happen, but today was the first day he was available for adoption and I was told that someone showed up minutes after opening to adopt him :)  I am so happy and I know that this is the best thing for him.  I am just so glad that this story has a happy outcome and that sweet puppy has a good home now.
Adding to the craziness, I had parent conferences these last two weeks.  They went so well this year and I really enjoyed getting to visit with my kids parents.  I had so many parents thank me and tell me how much their kids are enjoying school this year.  It was so nice to hear and really made me smile :)
Also keeping us busy on Monday nights is our co-ed soccer league.  Our team is 3-1 and I am loving playing soccer again!  It is hard for me to admit, but I am so incredibly out of shape!  After our first game, I could barely walk for a week my muscles were so sore!  I have felt much better after our other games and really haven't been sore at all :)  I had 2 goals in our first win (whooohooo) and have had several assists since.  The biggest story of all though has been how GREAT Aaron is at goalie!  He really was impressive in our first few games.  I think everyone was a bit shocked :)
Anyways, I think that caught me up to now.  Hopefully I can get back on the bandwagon and do a better job of blogging consistently. 
Oh yeah...I started a class blog too.  I am planning on using it as a writing activity for my class.  I am going to let them come up with the ideas and tell me what to write.  I am hoping this goes well...we shall see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment