Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall

I absolutely love fall!  I am so happy it is here...kind of.  We had the most amazing weather this week.  Until this afternoon.  It was hot again.  But, I know it won't be much longer until we have some nice cool weather full time :)
To welcome in the fall weather, I had my first salted caramel mocha frappuchino at Starbucks on Sunday.  DELISH!  I also wore my new boots to work 2 days this week! 
I got them at Nordy's....of course.  Also in honor of fall/Halloween, I decorated our apartment.  This isn't much at this point, but we do have some very cute pumpkins on our dining room table and some candy corn in a glass pumpkin dish :)  I bought a few more things at Hobby Lobby last weekend.  I will put up some pics when they are ready!
And lastly, my class and I have done some very cute fall projects the last couple of weeks.  Here are a few pics of their hard work!
The scarecrow faces they made using a hanger and tissue paper.  I love these so much.  They turn out super cute!
 A pumpkin project they took home and decorated with their families.  They also wrote either a made up story about their pumpkin or what they used to decorate it.
 The sign I made to go with the pumpkins :)
 Their spiders!  I love these!  Paint and handprints for the bodies, reinforcements for the eyes.  They wrote a poem about spiders using action words and describing words we had brainstormed together.  I think they turned out awesome and the kids LOVED making them.
 We turned the class into a "bat cave"!  We read Stellaluna and the kids had to write all the characters from the story to put on their bat.
 A close up of one of the bats.
So there you have it.  The kids are keeping me on my toes this year, but I really love this group already.  They are all so sweet and fun to be around :)

No comments:

Post a Comment