Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Paper

Did you know that your first anniversary is "paper"?  I was unaware of this until I googled it.  I can't wait for our diamond, silver and platinum anniversaries :)
For our first anniversary, we celebrated together by going out for dinner to Ruth's Chris.  It was sooooooo delicious, but quite pricey.  I am sure we won't be going back on a regular basis, but maybe for other celebrations.  My favorites there were the orange mojito and the sweet potato casserole...delish!  Since we were celebrating our anniversary, they put little heart glitter all over the table and we even had a free dessert....creme brule with fruit! 
After dinner at Ruth's Chris
On Sunday, we had a little party at Aaron's grandma's house.  It was small, just family, but we had a great time!  Greg and Paul were the chefs and made slider burgers for lunch since we had sliders at our reception.  They were AMAZING and I suggested that they be the cooks everytime we get together.  I don't think they were too fond of that idea :)  To finish off the meal, we had the same cake we had on our wedding day, princess cake (just a fancy name for white cake) and mexican chocolate.  They were still as tasty as I remember from the original tasting over a year ago. 

Back to the paper....our gifts to each other according to tradition were supposed to be something paper.  I found this really cute idea on pintrest and decided that it was perfect. 
It is just a set of cute cards that say "How do I love the?  Let me count the ways"  They are numbered 1-12.  I printed out the templates then cut them out.  I gave Aaron one set and kept the other for myself.  I wrote 12 reasons I love him and vice versa then we exchanged them before we went out to dinner.  If you know Aaron at all, you know he is not the sappy, lovey dovey type of guy.  I was surprised at how sweet and serious all of his reason were.  I expected them all to be funny.  I think it was the perfect gift because now I can look back and read them whenever I want.
Of course, this wasn't the only thing we did.  Since those were free, we also did another gift.  Aaron recieved some all black, custom Nike shox that he can wear on his rotations through hospitals and ambulances.  Hopefully he will be comfortable!  I got to go on a little shopping spree to my two favorite stores, Nordstrom and Forever21!  It was SO much fun :)
We started one tradition on Sunday as well.  I found another idea on pintrest (imagine that) and decided that we had to do it.  I found a picture of a couple who take a picture every anniversary holding a picture of them from the anniversary the year before.  Eventually, the original picture (from our wedding day) will be so small, you won't even see it.  Here is the picture we took this year, holding last years picture. (wow, I used the word picture a bit too much in this paragraph)

Overall, I thought it was the perfect first anniversary.  We had a great time and I loved spending so much time together.  I can't wait to celebrate our 2nd one next September!

No comments:

Post a Comment