Saturday, September 10, 2011

One Year

Best friend. 
Soul mate. 
Knight in shining armour. 
Love of my life. 
These are all words that describe my husband, Aaron.  Exactly one year ago, I had the honor of marrying him.  It was the most amazing day of my life.  I can still remember almost everything about that day.  I felt so much love from everyone: family, friends and of course Aaron.  I am sure that some things did not go as I planned (although I am unaware of them) but to me, that day was perfect. 






                                      





Our first year of marriage has been fun!  I have loved creating our home together.  I know that marriage is hard work, but truly, it has seemed effortless.  We just get along.  I think we have a good balance of give and take.  At dinner the other night, someone congratulated us on being married for one year and commented that the first year is the hardest.  I asked Aaron about that when we left the restaurant.  He said he didn't think it had been a hard year at all.  I agree.  This past year seems to have flown by.  I think our transition from dating to engaged to married was so easy.  I don't feel like anything changed other than that we live together.  Of course there was some adjusting (me nicely reminding him to put things away after he comes home or to put the toilet seat back down, him getting used to my closet space) but other than that, it has been smooth sailing :)  
We have done so much in just one year...I can't wait to see what happens for us in the coming year!  Hopefully our big adventure for year 2 will be buying a house and making it our home!
I will leave you with the song from our first dance.  I love this song.  I smile every time I hear it on the radio...which is much more now that Blake Shelton has covered it!
Happy One Year Anniversary, Aaron!  I love you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment