Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Harry Potter

This past weekend Aaron and I went to Florida for our 6 month anniversary!  We had an AMAZING time and got to do a few very cool things.  Since the blog would be an extremely long one if I tried to tell you about all of it at once, I will just cover day one in this post :)

Our trip started off on Friday evening with his mom taking us to DFW for our flight.  Before we got on our way however, Aaron realized he had left his wedding band at work.  NICE.  Really made me feel like he was excited about our anniversary....we made a quick stop to get it and all was better.  Our flight was easy and I actually got to see the end of the Duke game at the airport before we left!  We landed in Tampa at about 12:30 and my uncle picked us up and took us to a little bar/restaurant before heading home. 

Saturday morning couldn't come soon enough for me.  I woke up really excited about what the day had in store for us.  We had breakfast and then dropped my uncle off at his friends house since he was kind enough to lend us his car so we didn't have to get a rental to drive to Orlando.  After that, we got on the road.  It was absolutely GORGEOUS weather the whole time we were there.  We pulled in to Universal Studios and I could barely contain my excitement.  I am pretty sure Aaron laughed at me and called me a dork about 100 times that day, but I don't care.  I had an awesome time and I know think he did too :)

Here are a few pics from our day at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
At the entrance to Hogsmeade Village
In front of Hogwarts Castle
Enjoying some butterbeer
These are just a few of the MANY pictures that we took.  If you are intrested in seeing the rest, check out my facebook! 

Universal Studios did a FANTASTIC job on creating this part of the theme park.  The attention to detail did not disappoint.  The lines were crazy long for just about everything there.  We waited about 15 min. to get our butterbeers (Aaron got a frozen slush version and I got the liquid).  We rode the best ride I think I have ever ridden, The Forbidden Journey.  When we got there, the wait for this ride was 110 min (they have a little clock that shows you how long the wait is for each ride by the entrance).  We were going to go to a different ride but decided to get our drinks first.  After we got our drinks, the wait was down to 70 min so we decided to do it.  The wait didn't even seem that long though because half of it was spent walking through the castle and seeing all the many things inside there.  Some of the highlights were the talking pictures, the entrance to Dumbledore's office and the Pensieve.  While in the greenhouse portion of the line, Aaron got to do some quality people watching.  He got a few good pics on his camera phone :) 

After the ride, we got to shop in Filch's Emporium and I got a few keepsakes :)  Hogsmeade Village was absolutely amazing.  Again, the attention to detail was perfect.  Even the snow on the rooftops looked real.  The lines to go into the wand shop were about an hour long as were the lines for Zonko's Joke shop and Honeydukes Candy Shop.  I didn't make Aaron wait through those, but I did get some good pics of the outside. 
I would DEFINITLEY recommend going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter to anyone who is a fan of the books.  I am so glad that Aaron and I had the chance to go there and see everything I have read about for years. 
Tomorrows blog : Yankees spring training game!

No comments:

Post a Comment