Sunday, March 6, 2011

All in a Weekends Fun

This weekend we went to College Station for one of Aaron's best friends weddings.  It was a beautiful wedding and we had a lot of fun.  Another bonus to going to C.S. is that my brother lives there.  I miss hanging out with him so I always enjoy our time together.  He was so sweet and gave up his bed so that Aaron and I could stay with him and he slept on the couch.  In return, I did about 5 loads of laundry for him :)  Wash, dry, fold, put away.  I was also in an organizing mood, so I rearranged his closet for him (shirts all color coordinated) and made more storage space for him so that his room wouldn't be so cluttered.  I messed up and didn't take any pictures though...you would have been impressed :)

Saturday, most of Aaron's time was occupied with wedding stuff so Daniel and I had a chance to go pick up some stuff for him.  His apartment comes furnished which means that he has a HARD matress.  We picked him up an egg crate and a new pillow because his are all paper thin.  During our day together, he told me about how his work is going and I couldn't help but be so proud of him!  He has grown up so much and become such a hard working, intelligent young man.  I guess it surprised me a little because to me, he will always be my little brother.  It's strange to think of him working and in charge of so much stuff!  He even drove me out and showed me his company and told me all about the things they make there (I understood most some of it). 

Needless to say, it was a good trip and we all had a very good time.  Here are some pics from our weekend :)
At the wedding


Aaron and Stephen

Me and Daniel
















On Sunday before we left, Daniel took us to Shipley's for breakfast.  For those of you who don't know, Shipley's is my favorite donut place for several reasons.  I do love their donuts, but besides that, my Grandpa used to meet his buddies there for coffee quite often.  He would take me sometimes and I remeber him using this Shipley's mug because he could get coffee in it for about 5 cents a cup.  Well, at the Shipley's today, they had this same mug that I remember for sale.  I decided I had to have it.  I don't drink coffee, but I figured Aaron could use it for his or I could use it for hot chocolate :)  Here it is!


I hope all of you enjoyed your weekend as well.  Only one more week until Spring Break which means a trip to Florida for us and my parents coming to visit!  Until next time :)

1 comment:

  1. You guys look great in pictures. I'm so glad you got to spend time with Daniel too...he is still talking about it :)

    ReplyDelete