Saturday, April 16, 2011

Artist

In these last two weeks, I have started a new hobby.  I like to think of myself as an artist (pronounced ar-teest).  I went to a class called Painting with a Twist.  It is a two or three hour class depending on what picture you are painting.  You can bring in your choice of drink and snacks and they provide all of the painting materials.  There is an instructor who walks you through painting a picture step by step.  I have enjoyed both of my classes and visiting with my friends while we paint, as well as end up with a pretty painting, if I do say so myself :)
Last Friday I went with Julie and we painted Red Landscape.  I wasn't very good at remembering to take pics, so here is one of the completed product.
We were both pretty nervous, but I like how it turned out.  Aaron even gave me the choice of where I wanted to hang it in our apartment! 
Yesterday, I went again with Mollie, a good friend of mine(click on her name to read her blog...it's good!).  We had a great time and some good laughs, mostly at our instructor Arnoldo.  He was very funny and would randomly break into dance during the lesson.  We remembered to take pics more frequently so you can see step by step how my masterpiece was created :)
 First we painted the canvas yellow then drew the peacocks head.  The next step was to paint the head and draw on the feathers.
 Next, we mixed paint to make this orange color and added it into the feathers and in between.
 We then did the same thing with purple and green.
 Then, we highlighted areas with dark and light blue.
 Last was highlighting with white then adding a face to the peacock.  We were supposed to give it eyeshadow too but I was too nervous I would mess it up so I left it off.  I really love this one, and if you attended our wedding you know why :)
 Here we are with our GORGEOUS paintings!  I had a blast Mollie, can't wait till next time :)
P.S.  Aaron was not as big a fan of this one...we are currently debating where to hang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment