Thursday, March 1, 2012

An Unexpected Kindness

Have you ever recieved a compliment that was totally unexpected?
The other day I was on my Facebook and noticed a section in my messages that I had never seen before.  An "Other" section that had seven messages in it.  I clicked on it and was surprised to see that I had some messages I had never seen before.  I guess when I get a message from someone I'm not "friends" with, it automatically goes into this file....kinda like a spam filter.  Maybe?  Anyways, one of them caught my attention so I clicked on it to read it. 
Basically, I was completely stunned.  It was a message from someone back home who had watched me play soccer growing up.  They told me that I was their daughters all time favorite soccer player and that she really looked up to me and that I had inspired her college admission essay.  I was shocked to read these things and to think that I had some kind of influence on someone and never even known it.  It was honestly one of the nicest letters I have ever recieved.  
It really made me think about how much of an influence you can have on someone.  I know my life has been influenced by so many people.  And now, I know I'm going to take the time to let them know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment