Monday, May 7, 2012

Worry Wart

They say the first step to recovery is admittance.
I will admit, I am a worry wart.
Wow, I feel better already :)

I have always been a worrier.  But I love that the sermon at church yesterday felt like it was directed straight to me.  Funny how God does that. 
Lately I have been stressed about lots of things.  Personal, professional, important, silly.  Just worrying. 
We had a guest preacher at church yesterday.  He came in to lead a revival that the senior adults are having.  His name is Dr. Jimmy Draper.  He has more degrees than my whole family combined, I think.  He is an old school pastor who just gives it to you straight.  Exactly what I needed :)
His main point was - Live for today. 
You can't change the past.  You can't control the future.  Just live today.  That's all we are promised. 
I can rest assured that God is in control and is going to take care of me.  So I don't need to worry about it. 
Plain and simple. 

1 comment: